Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Conflict Resolution

Conflict Resolution/War/Bonner, Charles/Mediation center gives nod to peacekeepers/Lancaster Newspapers/Lancaster/PA/USA/26-Feb-07//….Charles Bonner, a Vietnam vet who has become a Quaker, is a member of the organization Veterans for Peace and works locally as a psychiatric nurse for homeless veterans of war.

"I was very surprised to be nominated," he said Friday. "I just believe war is not the answer, and that for every conflict there's a solution that honors both parties."

Bonner practices what he preaches.

When he was in his 30s, he recalls a time when a vagrant under the influence of alcohol entered his home without warning.

"He was in our kitchen, and naturally my first thought was to protect my family," he said. "I gave him a ride home in my car. I'm glad it turned out that way." ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home